DoA of Babel

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DoA of Babel

Forum for DoA members on Batheo S-2 Babel.

+6
Bellaa
ElfGift
SgtPepper
feverboy
Edro
Kellendor
10 posters

Hail to the chief

Kellendor
    Kellendor
    Admin

Hail to the chief Empty Hail to the chief

Post by Kellendor Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

I want to take the time to remark on league chat. The comments that were being made last night, i.e cherry popping and such. Certain gaming terms may have been around since the beginning of the internet, that's fine. As long as no one is bothered by such talk then there is no problem. When something is said that offends someone, a group of people, a race, a gender, what have you...and that person makes it known it is upsetting them, then there is a problem.
    Bellaa is the leader of DoA. Period. If she wants a subject squelched in league chat, then STOP TALKING ABOUT IT IN LEAGUE CHAT. If you want a league where anything goes, then go start your own. I am not saying any names, you guys that give her hell on open chat know who you are. You don't like it, you don't like her, hell if you don't like me, there again is the answer...quit DoA and start your own league.
    When two females in our league feel like the mood of the conversation has turned sexist and are asking for it to stop..STOP. Just because we are the number one league doesn't mean our members can act however they wish.
    A good rule of thumb when it comes to disrespectful comments towards either sex is, would you say that to your significant other or parents. Or around your kids.
    Thank you for making sure this situation doesn't occur again.
    Kell

P.S. respect is earned not given, you talk like a foul brained idiot in chat AND expect respect..find another league.
    Edro
    Mod
    Mod

Hail to the chief Empty Re: Hail to the chief

Post by Edro Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:36 am

I wasn't around when that happened, but I second Kellendor's views on this 100%.
    Thanks Kellendor.
    feverboy
    Serf
    Serf

Post by feverboy Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 am

I agree, and I think this should be extended to anything discriminatory, be it race, religion, career etc. Generally it is best not to disrespect anyone.
    SgtPepper
    Serf
    Serf

Post by SgtPepper Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 am

Amen
    ElfGift
    ElfGift
    Serf
    Serf

Post by ElfGift Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:12 am

SgtPepper wrote:Amen
    Ditto
    ElfGift
    ElfGift
    Serf
    Serf

Post by ElfGift Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:13 am

I've said it before but no one HAS to listen to this part.(just a sugestion)

PLease NO MORE FISH
    but you know, no hints

*cough, cough* Girm *cough,cough*
    Bellaa
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Bellaa Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:35 am

Kellen I replied and still have to type a title btw lol

As for the comments the other day I was merely wondering how someone can try to defend women being descriminated against through sexist computer programming flaws then turn around and start talking about breast sizes and cherry popping in league chat. As far as what should and shouldnt be used in league chat I think we are all pretty much on the same page.

@Elf...I dont get the fish comment but would love to know what you are talking about. :s
    ElfGift
    ElfGift
    Serf
    Serf

Post by ElfGift Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:16 am

when ever grim,delsh, and skin get boerd someone decides to bring out the fish. then wacking ect. startes. ti's funny sometimes

and with the cherrie pooping, I REALLY don't like that. Have you seen the pics that acominy the the new server mesages? there have been 11 new servers scince I started and all the pics are all a woman in a Very imodest dress. it's discusting
    GrimHammer
    GrimHammer
    Serf
    Serf

Post by GrimHammer Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:56 am

my fish are offensive? That is totally specyist!
    Jimmy
    Serf
    Serf

Post by Jimmy Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:53 am

I believe the term cherry popping should be banned from league, and I'm 100% percent male Jimmie
    Deshla
    Deshla
    Serf
    Serf

Post by Deshla Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 pm

First time I saw "Cherry Poppin" in the game I was like WTF ShockedExclamation? That was the first time in all of my online gaming, that I had seen that term used and found it offensive. As far as the sexist remarks go, well they can go take a flying leap out the window in my opinion. I mean the occasional thing is said that can be blown over ie, "My hero is fighting like a little girl." but when you insult someone, drag it out and want to argue about its relevancy to everyday life, get over it. We are all old enough to understand what is and what isn't appropriate even in this type of setting. I like to joke around as much as the next person, but if it's offensive to then it's not fun anymore. Man/Woman up, apologize, and own the fact that you were wrong and move on. It's way easier then most people make it out to be. We are a team, and should act like one. Teams can have fun without stepping on toes, pushing buttons, or insulting/disrespecting people, because of who they are or what they believe. I don't care if you pick your nose for a living, just remember there are people of many age groups and both sexes in the league and we need to censor ourselves accordingly.

P.S. And Elf, no fish are harmed in the abuse of certain individuals when they are used. cat
    ElfGift
    ElfGift
    Serf
    Serf

Post by ElfGift Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:47 am

Ok just making shure.
    Casperis
    Casperis
    Serf
    Serf

Post by Casperis Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:13 am

I'd like to add my comments to this posting. There is a difference between good clean fun and flirtatious comments, and the rather roughish and degrading comments that were taking place that evening. As Kellendor said so beautifully, when the language is determined to be offensive, then it is time to stop! End of discussion. WE all know the difference, and it's time to be adults about that sort of thing. I was absolutely sickened when one of the members (I don't remember who) mentioned that he had to explain the comment "cherry popping" to his young daughter because she had seen it on the forum. I have a daughter, and fortunately have had those discussions with her due to her age. However, I was able to have that discussion with her when I determined it was appropriate, not because she accidentally saw it during one of my chosen activities. We need to remember there are others on the game and viewing our comments.

On another subject that Kellendor mentioned. I stand firmly behind Bellaa, and I consider her a very good leader, especially for her young age. Additionally, she has spent a lot of time in leadership efforts that I don't think many of us would be willing to do for a game. I will come to her defense whenever she is criticized in open chat. If you have a problem with her, take it out of open chat and discuss it with her in private. Otherwise, be prepared for me to step in and come to her defense. Understand, that discussion doesn't belong in open chat either, and I'll do everything I can to take you out of open chat during such a discussion.

We are a team as has been mentioned, and we are strong because we work well as a team. Let's continue that and we'll all continue to grow.

It's a game, and we should all enjoy our time in the game. Let's do that!

Casperis

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:23 pm