DoA of Babel

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DoA of Babel

Forum for DoA members on Batheo S-2 Babel.

2 posters

BM's and morale

GrimHammer
    GrimHammer
    Serf
    Serf

BM's and morale Empty BM's and morale

Post by GrimHammer Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 am

Most in DoA are familiare enough with the game mechanics that you probably don't need to read this. We do have some "youngin" however that might benefit. So feel free to read, comment on whatever.

Mech heros are valor heros. Think guys with swords who need no ammunition they just keep swinging.

BM heros are more like guys with guns. They need ammunition to shoot there guns otherwise they are just running around bludgeoning people with their rifle butts which is not getting the most out of the hero. Think of moral as the ammunition for the BM guns. There are essentially 3 primary ways to generate moral. Get attacked, get boosted by a dancer like Artemis, or get boosted by a buglar like hecate or eris. When moral hits 100% the next turn that hero gets his BM ability will fire. That is the basic principle.

Dancers (Artemis, Persephone)

The benefit of a dancer is they instantly boost a single heros moral to 100% The are great for getting off quick BM burst that can be the difference in PvP battles. The problem with them is they only affect 1 hero, and they can fail to apply the boost. I like to have them up front to get the quick BM attack, but they are weak defensively and will die quickly.

Buglars (Hecate, Eris, Agon, Lachesis)

The benefits of the buglar are they can boost your hero to more than 100%, each boost is roughly 34%, but it effects all BM heros in your formation, while boosting your troops they are also stealing a small percentage of moral from enemy heros. Buglars are not tanks, but they are a little sturdier than dancers, and i like to have at least 1 up front to have a chance to prevent a quick BM strike if there is a dancer up front in my enemy's formation.

Placement

Because being hit generates moral if your BM is sturdy I find it beneficial to place them up front where they can get the extra moral from being attacked. My current formation uses 2 BM 2 buglars and a healer. I have Sponde and Syrinx up front with one of the buglars, and the other buglar and healer covered. With no dancer I am guaranteed not to have a BM fire the first round, but assuming I take damage I have both BM's firing pretty much 2 out of every 3 turns after that. If i know the formation of my opponent I will always try to put Sponde in front of the hardest hitter, and Syrinx in front of the biggest column, or the hero that i want to kill the quickest. Adjusting your heros position quite often can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Things to keep in mind:

Lots of BMs is not always a good thing. Evil or Very Mad Personally I think any more than 3 and you will not have the ability to generate enough moral to keep the BMs firing frequently enough.

If you have a BM in your formation then you should have at least one booster, and possibly more. Many find the "belle whores" annoying, or boring, but there is no denying their effectiveness. 4 boosters and one AoE BM is a very effective formation if the BM's mount is enhanced enough.

Mounts. All BMs start out with BB guns. Add a mount, and enhance that mount and you increase the calibre of your BM's attack. If you plan on using a BM plan on spending retarded amounts of money getting and enhancing his mount.

I am quite certain I have left out some things. Some of the above is fact and some is opinion. Hopefully it will be helpful.

Last edited by GrimHammer on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Edro
    Mod
    Mod

BM's and morale Empty Re: BM's and morale

Post by Edro Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks Grim for an excellent tutorial on BM and morale.

GrimHammer wrote:
    Buglars (Hecate, Eris, Agon, Lachesis)
    The benefits of the dancer are they can boost your hero to more than 100%, each boost is roughly 34%, but it effects all BM heros in your formation, while boosting your troops they are also stealing a small percentage of moral from enemy heros.

I guess you meant bugler not dancer in the above.

You mentioned that buglers can boost morale beyond 100%, but probably should also clarify why that is important: The power of a BM is roughly proportional to morale. If a hero kills 1000 at 100% morale, then the same hit would have killed around 1500 at 150% morale.

BTW, the reduction to enemy's morale by a bugler is -5%.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:10 am